Monday 24 August 2015

Shooting street in the big city; Camden Town.

I love London. I always have since I first visited as a child; going on the tube for the first time was a great experience. I used to visit my brother regularly in my late teenage/early adult years to go out and get...well...smashed.

I love the hustle and bustle, the sights, the people, its a cool place.

On a recent visit I really concentrated on street photography. I went to Camden and of course, there was lots going on; tourists, bored kids, street art and the artists themselves creating their next piece.

In the chaos of the busy of life, 1 person taking photo's of strangers doesn't get noticed like it does in the quieter parts of the country or world like my home town and surrounding locations. The fact is that in the touristy big smoke every other person is carrying a 'big' camera, so my 'little' Fuji helps me blend in that little more.
 

I really appreciate street art, be it graffiti or stencils. I like the idea that there's a meaning behind the work rather than just tagging a name.

This one guy was painting all day and every now and then I went back to see how he was getting on...he's probably still there.

Down the same street were people hanging out; if that's what you call it, may be a little too much 'party'.


Waiting for people to walk in front of something in particular is both a big waiting game but rewarding when it finally happens. Im still waiting for that show stopping image though that's going to be recognised world wide as a real moment of time, a real stroke of luck/right place right time, uncanny genius. Maybe that wont happen!

In Camden Market there are vintage shops and stalls all over the place. What got me was how much people try to charge for things like old camera's....woah!!!

These 3 boys caught my eye. they sat there for about 10 minutes really bored waiting for someone, I just had to freeze their boredom.

Looking down on the world is great, people don't know your there, in a place like Camden 100's of people pass underneath you (not counting the tube) every minute.

My companions on the trip did wonder why I photographed so many strangers though............maybe not enough selfies for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment