Monday 20 July 2015

Vintage Wings & Wheels Day 2015

Local airfield; The Fenland Aerodrome hosted a car and plane display recently. Entrance was a decent price and the weather was pretty good (in the afternoon it was anyway, I had a photo shoot in the morning and it rained!!!!!).

There were plenty of visitors on the day and as the afternoon went on and the weather got better im sure more and more arrived.

Muscle cars seemed to be a major flavour of the day as well as some vintage British cars and the odd 'one of a kinds' such as a car that appeared to have been built around a lorry cab chassis? it was massive.

As a child I loved planes and I have to admit when I hear a low flying plane I still run to the window to have a look. The planes on this day were all, what looked like to me, small private pleasure/hobby type planes that people may fly at the weekend. Sounds like a good hobby to me!

A Spitfire had a scheduled flypast; which I had to run to my car to get my DSLR and 70-200mm lens in order to shoot before it was too late, it very nearly was, if I had not run I would of missed it coming over.

On to the photos










No comments:

Post a Comment