Saturday 3 May 2014

Street art with the newest camera in my collection

Why oh why oh why did I want another camera when I already own so many, including some that are cool and one; the 5D which is amazing.

Well for a little while now I have coveted a smaller retro looking camera; the Fujifilm X20.

12MP, manual control, viewfinder, shoots RAW.....yes please!

Photo of the new toy, taken on my IPhone
 
I purchased the camera from WEX in Norwich on the way to Great Yarmouth, where we were staying for the weekend on good ol' British caravan holiday.
 
I chose to use this camera all weekend during my travels and walk abouts so I could get a good feel for it.
 
The images taken are not comparable to my 5D but I never expected them to be anyway. RAW images require sharpening and noise reduction to get the best of them.
 
For portability and ease of use thought this camera is awesome. There are 2 command dials and buttons to control everything you need such as focus point, white balance etc and a nice exposure compensation dial on the top.
 
The usual family holiday snaps were taken but otherwise I have enjoyed using this camera to capture buildings, signs and street art and a bit of street photography.
 


There's some good detail on the buildings along the sea front of Gt Yarmouth
 


The name of this place gets me every time
 

Artificial decay
 
On the way home from Yarmouth on Monday we stopped off in Norwich again for dinner. Obviously I had the camera hanging around my neck.
 
Ive noticed street art around Norwich before on previous shopping trips, once you start looking for it you find that it is all over the place. These pieces were on the way to our chosen eatery.
 





 
Street art can be found in your home towns.
 
At the beach
 
Even found in Wisbech, yesterday after my mortgage appointment.
 

 Yes its a camera and im taking a photo.

 This penguin was just up the road from the other.

One very cramped alley way
 
Thanks for looking.
 
Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment