Friday 31 January 2014

(Sunny) Sutton Bridge at Night

Its been a couple of weeks since my last post and since then i've got  new lens; a Fish Eye.

I've wanted a fish eye for years but, like a lot of things in life, have never treated myself.

Now i've got a new camera I need to get some new glass. The fish eye was an impulse buy that i've finally made and so far it's as cool as I thought it would be.

I had used one before on my old 450D and was amazed at how close to things I had to get to things in order to get things distorted in the stereotypical fish eye way. Now i've had one for a week im now used to getting close.

My fisheye; a Zenitar 16mm, is an old school Russian lens made originally for 35mm film cameras, now im shooting with a full frame camera I can make use of the old beaut. Its a manual aperture, manual focus lens,  for optimum quality I shoot at f/8 and focusing isn't highly critical with such a massive depth of field due to the ultra wide focal length of 16mm.

On to the photos on this post.

I was biking home from work yesterday, Thursday 30/01/14 and passing under the Cross Keys bridge at Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire I thought it would be a good idea to come back later and make use of the fish eye while the tide was high, not as high as my previous post though http://benchapmanphotos.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-night-river-nene-almost-flooded-in.html.

I had my tea, grabbed my coat, camera, tripod and headphones and took a walk to the bridge.

All shots were taken at ISO 100 and F/8.

I love a good starburst on lights. Star bursts can be achieved by using small apertures.
20 Seconds
 
 I don't know what it is but I find myself photographing benches quite often.
War memorial in the background.
 20 Seconds
 
I've been told that there's a ghost haunting the bridge.
20 Seconds
 
The lights under the bridge are really bright, I had to capture the balance of light and darkness.
3.2 Seconds
 
It's been a long time since i've used a phone box.
 13 Seconds
 
I haven't played with light like this since I first got a camera a good 5 years ago. I've been thinking about standing in this spot for a few years now and i've finally done it....yay!
 
Im going to go back for another go at this.
8 Seconds
 
Thanks for looking.

Tune in again.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment