Monday 2 September 2013

A little find on the side of a road after an unsuccessful trip out.

It was Saturday morning at approx. 7.30am when I woke up and decided that I was going to go for a drive and take some pictures.

As per usual at the moment I'm still enjoying urbexing (urban exploring) and every time I'm ever out driving anywhere with my wife, family and/or friends I'm always looking out for locations to explore.

On Saturday I decided to finally have a look around a large farm house that I know has been empty since I was child and another house that I only spotted a couple of weeks ago while driving to Peterborough.

Too cut a long story short here the farm house was boarded up and within 5 minutes of being at the location a farmer come along I suppose to see what I was up to, however once I said I was interested in taking photos of the old buildings and anything cool lying around he said I was welcome to explore; well I didn't find much and was soon on my way.

The 2nd location; the house I spotted a few weeks back did look like a great location and looking through the windows there was some really smart stuff in side, such as retro/vintage/or what some people just call really old furniture etc. The windows had a lot of grime on them and the house looked in a poor state and looked empty of life,  however there were some caravans and cars in the back garden so either someone's planning to restore the old house or they've got a free place to stay!?

So I then decided to drive around back roads to see what I could find and with in minutes I found this place.


Again there seemed to be either life next door or maybe in the back garden but I was nice and quiet and after all I'm not interested in causing damage or steeling any ones property.....I just want to have a look around.

If being totally honest there wasn't much too look at inside as it had been gutted and due to the hole in the roof when walking upstairs I wondered if the floor would fall through due to prolonged exposure to the elements.

So here's some more pictures;



On the way out I took a photo of one of my recent purchases; a Praktica MTL50 film SLR camera that I had just finished a role of black and white film in......I cant wait to see the results from that roll, here's the picture of the old heavy beauty.

The last photo I took with my DSLR on this day, I took a few at another unsuccessful location after this one with a another film camera, was of the door of the house; it had some great textures.

Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to find a derelict old building with the inside looking like this (I found a building once but not like this one)... I must venture out a little and look for one.

    I love your images and your blog pages

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey

      I love exploring such locations, if you find any such places let me know and i'll join you and we can shoot the place together

      Delete
  2. Great shots Ben.
    I've seen derelict buildings around on my travels but most had access hazards to prevent me going in.

    Ian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian

      Yes I agree that some places are quite hazardous or not easily accessible, however they might be thee most enjoyable once you get in.

      Ben

      Delete